Join us on a holiday adventure inspired by readings of Jan Brett’s A Wild Christmas Reindeer and Matt Tavares’ Dasher. We’ll travel to the Arctic tundra and learn about the great reindeer migrations and adaptations that help them thrive in their polar habitat. Our read alouds will have us playing with “reindeer verbs,” narrating with our new story puppets, and exploring plot development. Younger learners will also enjoy bonus reindeer themed print/cursive practice and Reindeer – Sled word family activities.
Throughout each Curious Trails Unit Study you’ll find open-and-go topic study guides and lots of hands-on-activities to celebrate what we’ve learned ranging from S.T.E.M. projects, art invitations, nature journaling, cooking together, and more!
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
• 6 open-and-go Nature Study Guides provide detailed information on Reindeer appearance, homes, adaptations, life cycle, and domestication.
• 6 S.T.E.M. Projects such an insulation experiment and sleigh design engineering challenge.
• Artist study and invitation feature Ted Harrison
• Nature Journaling exploration of lichen
• Games and Sensory Activities
• 3 Reindeer themed handicrafts
• Charlotte Mason inspired language activities will have us exploring “reindeer verbs”, plot development, and narration activities
• Early phonics activities and print/cursive practice
• 3 part Montessori cards
• Book Basket recommendations and clickable web/video link resources to extend your reindeer study
66 page pdf document
Important: This is a PDF download. No physical product will be mailed to you. Print at home or at your favorite printing store. Any books or other materials in the product photos are for staging purposes only and are not included with your purchase.
Check out the product listing on ETSY to purchase!