What’s included in the Curious Trails Natural Living Guide:
LESSON ONE: GREEN CLEANING
• What are green cleaners? We’ll explore the impact of phosphates, VOCs, dyes, fragrances, and packaging.
• Learn what gives vinegar, baking soda, and citrus fruit their natural cleaning powers!
• Study and dissect a lemon.
• Make Lemon Spray and design a label for your new Household Cleaning brand.
• Conduct an experiment with baking soda to identify acids and bases.
LESSON TWO: NATURAL PEST CONTROL
• Discover how to identify ants and the three main reasons they enter our homes.
• Follow our natural tips for discouraging ant invasions and create a weekly chore wheel to keep on top of our ant deterrent tasks.
• Make your own Peppermint Ant Repellent.
• Set up an Ant Trail Study and observe their communication.
LESSON THREE: AROMATHERAPY
• Learn how essential oils are distilled from plant parts.
• Follow the path of a lavender scent molecule through our bodies to discover how aromatherapy works.
• Explore the health benefits of using lavender in our natural living routines.
• Make your own cross-stitch lavender sachet.
• Create nature-inspired clay diffuser disks to hang in your home.
LESSON FOUR: HEALTH & HYGIENE
• Explore where Epsom Salts come from and their health benefits, then make our own Epsom Salts bath bombs!
• Grow crystals to explore how Epsom Salts and Table Salts differ.
• Learn about the oat plant and the different types of oats we see at the market.
• Explore how we can use oats’ anti-inflammatory and moisture-giving powers in our natural living routines, then make our own oat baths!
Study nature poetry while enjoying fun-themed recipe.
Important: This is a PDF download. No physical product will be mailed to you. Print at home or at your favorite printing store. Any books or other materials in the product photos are for staging purposes only and are not included with your purchase.
Check out the product listing on ETSY to purchase!