What’s included in the Curious Trails Bee Unit Study:
WEEK ONE: LIFE OF A HONEY BEE
• Learn about the three castes of honey bees and their lifecycle
• Order bee jobs with a nature math activity
• Celebrate forager bees with a flower bee suncatcher
•Label your anatomy worksheets and make a lifecycle model
•Give bees a rest at your new watering station
WEEK TWO: BEE VISION AND COMMUNICATION
• Learn how honey bee eyes work and their ability to see the ‘invisible,’ then conduct a bee vision experiment!
• Explore honey bee communication and play a game that will have you “talking like a bee”
• Design a flower challenge
• Have fun with our honey playdough recipe & invitation ideas
WEEK THREE: HONEY BEE IDENTIFICATION
• Learn how to identify honey bees and spot their look-alikes, then put your identification skills to the test in a game
•Record bee observations in your new Bees Nature Journal
•Explore why bees buzz with this crafty activity
•Extend our learning by making a mason bee house
WEEK FOUR: WHAT DO BEES MAKE?
• Discover the different products bees produce and make rolled wax candles
•Learn about pollination and dissect a flower to take a closer look
•Honor bees with a bee peg doll handicraft
•Extend your learning with a hexagon honeycomb art project
BEE UNIT CELEBRATION
Enjoy our poetry & copywork, art study, and activities while enjoying your Honeycake Muffins.
69 page unit
Important: This is a PDF download. No physical product will be mailed to you. Print at home or at your favorite printing store. Any books or other materials in the product photos are for staging purposes only and are not included with your purchase.
Check out the product listing on ETSY to purchase!