What’s Included in the Curious Trails Homestead Gardens Unit Study:
WEEK ONE: Propagation
•Discover the different parts of a seed with a seed dissection activity.
•Learn about the process of germination and try a few different ways to start your own seeds.
•Explore how some plants are grown from cuttings and grow a new garden from kitchen scraps.
•Discuss plant propagation from divisions and grafting.
WEEK TWO: Vegetable Gardens
•Discover the five things a plant needs to grow and how to find the best spot for our garden.
•Explore different soil types and conduct a soil profile experiment.
•Try out different ways of spacing your plants and plan your own square foot vegetable patch.
•Learn what makes a vegetable different than a fruit and how you can plant successive gardens.
•Explore different varieties with our Vegetable Gardening Learning Cards (& 3-Part Cards)
WEEK THREE: Fruit Gardens
• Learn how compost is made and start your own composting pile to feed your garden.
• Discover how a flower turns into a fruit and the different types of fruit plants make.
• Dissect and explore strawberry anatomy.
• Start your own gardening journal to record your observations.
• Conduct a composting experiment.
• Explore different varieties with our Fruit Gardening Learning Cards (& 3-Part Cards)
WEEK FOUR: Herb Gardens
•Learn how companion gardening can lead to healthier, better-tasting produce.
•Discuss how we can attract beneficial insects into our garden for natural pest control and make a ladybug house.
•Explore some common herbs we can plant in our garden with a herb nature journaling study.
•Make your own herb garden markers.
• Explore different varieties with our Herb Gardening Learning Cards (& 3-Part Cards)
Study a quote from The Tale of Peter Rabbit while enjoying your fresh Beet Salad.
Important: This is a PDF download. No physical product will be mailed to you. Print at home or at your favorite printing store. Any books or other materials in the product photos are for staging purposes only and are not included with your purchase.
Check out the product listing on ETSY to purchase!