What’s included in the Curious Trails Night Sky Unit Study:
WEEK ONE: STARGAZING GUIDE
• Discover the celestial sphere and how stars move through the sky each night.
• Learn tips for stargazing with your family.
• Make a planisphere to help you spot constellations.
• Celebrate the movement of the stars with your new star spinner.
• Extend our learning with a study on Armillary Spheres.
WEEK TWO: MOON PHASES
• Learn about the moon phases, lunar eclipses, and solar eclipses.
• Explore the different features of the moon’s surface.
• Make a moon phases calendar and track its changes in your journal.
• Check out the moon’s changing face with a flip book activity.
• Extend our learning by creating our own moon landscape art.
WEEK THREE: COSMIC SCAVENGER HUNT
• Discover how to spot planets, galaxies, and even the International Space Station!
• Create a Night Sky Journal and earn badges for objects we find.
• Celebrate what we’ve learned with a night sky mobile.
WEEK FOUR: TELESCOPES
• Lean how light travels in a refractor and a reflector telescope.
• Be introduced to the Hubble and James Web Space telescopes.
• Experiment with lenses to make objects appear closer.
• Study the amazing images captured by Hubble’s cameras and recreate your favorite.
NIGHT SKY UNIT CELEBRATION
Enjoy our poetry & copywork, art study, and activities while enjoying your Vanilla Almond Star cookies.
80 page unit
Important: This is a PDF download. No physical product will be mailed to you. Print at home or at your favorite printing store. Any books or other materials in the product photos are for staging purposes only and are not included with your purchase.
Check out the product listing on ETSY to purchase!