What’s included in the Curious Trails Ocean Shore Unit Study:
WEEK ONE: SEASHELL CREATURES
• Learn where seashells come from and
the creatures behind the most common
shells found on the beach, Gastropods
• Discover the role of seashells in coastal
• Play a game of Seashell Class Sort, then
design your own shell home.
• Extend your learning with an ocean
WEEK TWO: SEAWEED
• Learn the difference between a plant
and seaweed. Record your results in a
• Discover why seaweed is important.
• Be amazed at the different uses of
seaweed and go on a seaweed
scavenger hunt around your home!
• Extend your learning with seaweed
prints or a watercolor art invitation.
WEEK THREE: TIDAL POOLS
• Learn what life is like in a tidal pool.
• Discover the creatures that live in each
• Create your own tidal pool habitat with
a diorama model.
• Extend your learning with a tidal pool
food chain lesson and craft.
WEEK FOUR: SEA TURTLES
• Learn about sea turtle adaptations, anatomy, and
lifecycle, and record what you have learn with our
worksheets and crafts.
• Discover how you can become a Sea Turtle
Protector and celebrate how you can make a
difference with your new rock turtle friends.
• Experiment with shapes to see which is the most
• Extend your learning by tracking leatherback
turtles in the wild.
Enjoy our poetry & copywork, art study, and activities while enjoying your Ocean Smoothie Bowl together.
72 page unit
Important: This is a PDF download. No physical product will be mailed to you. Print at home or at your favorite printing store. Any books or other materials in the product photos are for staging purposes only and are not included with your purchase.
Check out the product listing on ETSY to purchase!