What’s included in the Curious Trails Human Body Unit Study:
WEEK ONE: Air
• Learn how oxygen is created and used in the Earth’s oxygen cycle.
• Follow the path of an oxygen molecule through our respiratory system.
• Sculpt a model of your lungs to learn.
• Create a ‘working’ lung to see your diaphragm in action.
• Discover the benefits of deep breathing exercises.
• Measure and compare the lung capacities in your family.
WEEK TWO: Water
• Discover where water comes from in our planet’s water cycle.
• Follow a water molecule through our digestive system.
• Learn the many ways water is used by our body parts.
• Sculpt a model of your digestive system.
• Conduct an experiment to see how water helps break down food in our stomachs.
• Create healthy drinking habits with our water tracker challenge.
WEEK THREE: Sun
• Learn how sunlight is created and its three main ingredients.
• Discover how sunshine helps give us more energy, improves our mood, builds strong bones, and runs our ‘master clock’.
• Sculpt a model of your eye and review how sunlight sets our circadian rhythm.
• Conduct an experiment to see how our circadian rhythm affects body temperature, heart rate, and alertness.
• Extend your learning with an experiment to show how Rickets affects our bones.
WEEK FOUR: Soil
•Discover the 5 main types of microbes that live in and all around us.
•Explore why ‘playing in the dirt’ can be beneficial to our health.
•Learn the importance of our unique ‘gut microbiomes’ and what we can do to keep our mini friends healthy.
•Sculpt a model of the Escherichia coli bacteria.
•Play a game that will have you building your own microbiome. Just watch out for those pathogens!
Enjoy our poetry & copywork, art study, and activities while enjoying your Sun Bread together.
89 page unit
Important: This is a PDF download. No physical product will be mailed to you. Print at home or at your favorite printing store. Any books or other materials in the product photos are for staging purposes only and are not included with your purchase.
Check out the product listing on ETSY to purchase!